July 08, 2012

The Amazing Spider Man

       When I first heard that another Spider Man movie was coming out, I thought it was going to be a fourth addition to the original. When I later learned that Directer Wes Anderson was re-imagining a movie that followed the comics more closely, I got really excited. Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) and Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone) express what I really wanted from a Spider Man film. The chemistry is perfect, and the smile Gwen gave the camera at the end gave me goose bumps. I really enjoyed living Peter's life with him. His skater swag, the way he stands up to bullies, it just got me pumped! All the action is fine and dandy, the Crocs CGI could be better, but the real soul of the movie lies with Peter and his family, Gwen Stacy, and the tension when Peter and Mr Stacy (the head of the NYPD) are in the room.  The story follows the comics a little more to my liking, but also has its own twist and could be strange for new people to the genre.
Overall this new take on the Web Slinger really sparked my interest, and I am already longing for a sequel.
I give Spidey an 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment